3 Years Term Appointment
The World Bank, the leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is seeking to hire a seasoned and highly energized professional to work as Senior Executive Assistant in the Office of the Country Director for Tanzania, Malawi, Burundi and Somalia (AFCE1) based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The responsibilities will include:
Specifically, the Senior Executive Assistant will be responsible for the following:
1) Managing the Country Director’s Office
- Manages the Country Director’s schedule; organizes and coordinates relevant briefing or background material for meetings. Screens and prioritizes incoming correspondence and messages to the CD, independently responding to extensive and diverse inquiries, liaising with others in the CMU, including Washington and making independent decisions when multiple courses of actions are required. Monitors and follows up on issues related to the Country Director’s function and ensures that relevant staff members are informed. Handles sensitive and confidential information. Ensures timely submission and review of briefing materials and appropriate follow-up actions, making sure materials are presented to the Country Director for review prior to meetings.
- Initiates and coordinates all aspects of the CD’s travel schedule (i.e., SAP, ticket and hotel reservations, visa requests, etc.) including coordinating the travel and protocol needs of the Country Director while on mission.
- Drafts correspondence and prepares and ensures adherence to administrative guidelines and overall quality of outputs requiring the Country Director’s signature.
- Provides general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data and independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Establishes and maintains relevant files and databases for the CMU.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of information emanating from the front office; independently decides and follows through on appropriate dissemination of information to staff by sharing reports, status updates and other information as necessary.
- Serves as the first point of contact and liaison with an extensive network of contacts at the most senior levels, both internally and externally. Provides follow-up on required actions and monitors compliance. Responds to diverse inquiries and makes decisions when multiple courses of action are possible. Establishes and maintains an effective network of contacts with Government officials at the highest level.